Friday, May 16, 2014

Wes' R60/2 with Ural Sidecar restoration project is complete!

Wes' R60/2 with Ural sidecar restoration is complete!  This was an extensive restoration project that also included the sidecar.  All components were restored, refurbished or improved. The chassis was straightened, bike and hack body work straightened, painted and striped. The brake system was upgraded with Vintage Brake 3000 material and the hub turned. The engine was rebuilt with a full crank rebuild.  New pistons, bores, heads , carbs, FD and transmission - all rebuilt.

I also gave Wes the 1st Place Plaque that this bike won at the 2014 European Motorcycle Show. I took the bike to the show last month and Wes was really surprised that he was able to take the bike home and a 1st place prize! 

This was a very fun project and I am delighted with how the bike and side car turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment